Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tom and Jerry Were the Good Old Days

Clip from Tom and Jerry


Channel




When I sit down to watch cartoons with my little step brother, he watches new cartoons of today like Spongebob and cartoons I do not even know the names of. When I showed him cartoons like Mickey Mouse and Tom & Jerry, he became hooked on them. He had forgotten about cartoons like Spongebob. To me, cartoons like Spongebob doesn't make any sense. Even Looney Toons made more sense than Spongebob. Spongebob is the real looney.

Once I read that cartoons like Tom and Jerry and Looney Toons were too violent for children to watch. Tom and Jerry and Looney Toons were the good old days.  I turned out fine watching the old cartoons growing up and all of my classmates. All of the children that turned out to be violent were violent anyway because they were half raised young'ins. I must admit that children can copy what they see on television, but when your parents are always disciplining you, you know what to copy and what not to copy as a child.

My favorite cartoon of Tom and Jerry was Jerry's cousin. It taught me that I shouldn't be afraid when another child bullied me at school. It was teaching me how to fight back like my mother did or else I was going to be bullied to death. After I started fighting back, I wasn't bullied much anymore. Tom and Jerry taught good lessons about how to fight or outsmart an enemy. I saw it through the eyes of a child. There was good in those old cartoons. Yes, there was violence in Tom and Jerry, but it helped a weak one that needed to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment